This is the TWO-DAY required course in order to become a USCCA Certified Instructor so you can teach the CCHDF (Concealed Carry Home Defense Fundamentals) Courses. Are you a natural born teacher or instructor? Are you good with guns? Do you love firearms and love to teach others what you know? Would you like to teach USCCA Courses to the public, your friends, and family? Then you have the beginnings of what it takes to become a great United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) Certified Instructor.
Michael Martin, Chief Instructor and author of Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals, will review student materials provided in the Instructor Toolkit, identify important elements within the USCCA curriculum and present tips to maximize the use of multimedia materials. Students will learn common instructor mistakes and how to avoid them, and how to use PowerPoint to integrate the USCCA curriculum into their lessons. The course will also touch upon proper business and financial management. NOTE: This course is not intended to make you a good shooter. This course is designed to make an experienced shooter a good instructor.
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this workshop, candidates will be certified to offer certified state recognized USCCA Courses.
Advanced, CCW, In Home Defense Training, Instructor Training Courses, USCCA Courses
1) Contact the USCCA at 1-877-577-4800 to purchase your eLearning and to order your instructor toolkit. Instructor candidates can purchase these together at a discounted price of $250.00.
We will be informed of when you have completed the eLearning course. This must be done a week prior to attending the workshop so that the USCCA can mail us your certificate and instructor ID card.
2) Signup here for the Instructor Workshop and make the payment for the course.
3) Once you have passed the Instructor Workshop, you will join the ranks as a USCCA Instructor and be able to teach the nationally recognized curriculum!
You will be mailed your toolkit after successfully completing the workshop.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
The instructor requires a copy of your CCW permit once you register.
- Pistol License
- Handgun, reliable defensive and concealable EDC (every day carry)
- Case for your handgun (bring it unloaded and cased)
- Quality waist mounted holster
- Two magazines
- At least 100 rounds of target ammunition
- 10 dummy rounds for your caliber handgun
- Hearing and eye protection
- Weather and range appropriate clothing (no shorts or open toed shoes), professional and instructor type!
- Pen, highlighter, and paper for taking notes
- Snacks and drinks plus a lunch or money to purchase a lunch
- A positive attitude and the desire to become the best instructor possible