There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This is a 16-hour course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching the NRA Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home Course.
Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course and complete an instructor certification examination. Students will receive the NRA Trainer’s Guide, NRA Basics of Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor Candidate Packet, and NRA Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home course student packet.
Intermediate, In Home Defense Training, Instructor Training Courses, NRA Courses, Scenario Based Training
Prerequisites: Instructor candidates must be both an NRA Certified Pistol and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor. Candidates must have attended an NRA Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home course and passed the student exam with a score of 90% or better.
Also, your BIT (Basic Instructor Training) Course must be up to date or taken within the last two years.
You must also register via the NRA website for this specified course (search for zip code 74003) http://www.nrainstructors.org/Search.aspx
- Outside the waistband holster (You must be able to draw with one hand Kydex, type retention only (no straps/snaps etc. leather etc.) NO SERPA!
- Two outside the waistband mag Pouches without retention
- Semi-Auto Firearm (Full size)
- Quality Belt (doesn’t have to be a gun belt - mine is a leather one I got from Stage years ago).
- Ammo: 200-300 rounds
- Closed toed shoes..boots or shoes that you don’t care if they get muddy are recommended
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Speed loader
- Proper Attire (rain gear, able to move freely, etc)
- Lawn chair & Sunscreen are optional
- House plans/blueprints, sketch of your home layout
- Lunch/Dinner (or $ to go to the diner)
- Snacks & drinks
- pen and pencil
- Jacket (sometimes it gets chilly in the classroom)
- 3-ring, 3” binder
- Cover garment
- $35 range fee