There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Defensive Pistol. The name says it all. In this the final class of your journey you will learn to defend yourself from attack, how to avoid trouble, and should you have to, be confident in the use of your firearm.
Defensive Pistol is where the rubber meets the road. We go from the mindset of target style shooting to learning how to point shoot using a flash sight picture. We'll understand the differences between cover, barriers and concealment and how we can use them to our advantage. Bring your best MOM voice because we'll flip the "switch" by practicing how to use VOICE COMMANDS as a means of thwarting a possible attack. We will also talk about special considerations with regard to owning firearms with kids so that everyone stays safe. Then we'll learn to draw from a holster and out of a handbag.
Expectations and Outcomes
At the end of this class you should have the self-assurance to be ready to Conceal Carry, defend yourself and your family, and really enjoy going to the range and shooting. Our hope as always is you never have to draw your weapon in a defensive situation.....but if you do you are trained to tilt the odds in your favor.
Advanced, USCCA Courses
USCCA Basic Handgun Cert.
USCCA Intermedate Handgun Cert.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
Please bring a positive learn attitude, your questions and experiences to share. Participation is key to having a enjoyable learning experience.
Range Equipment Recommendation List
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Hat, Sunscreen & bug spray, as needed
- Your preferred handgun/rifle (as applicable)
- Appropriate holster for your handgun, as applicable for your specified use/course (sling for rifles)
- (strong side, outside the waistband is preferred and highly recommended)
- Factory Ammunition for your handgun/rifle (minimum 150 - 200 rounds, course dependent, no reloads)
- Minimum 2 speed loaders (revolvers), 2 magazines for semi-auto pistols, 3 magazines for rifles
- Ammunition carrier (speed loaders/magazines pouches)
- Appropriate clothing for weather/range condition, course application (rain gear, long pants/sleeves, knee-pads, etc)
- Snacks, as appropriate