There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This one day course builds the foundation for your future pistol training.Though this training is designed for beginners, the subject matter and technique allows students to build realistic skills that can survive the test of stress and small time constraints.
Safety, range etiquette, clearing, loading, equipment, fundamentals of fire, draw-stroke, clearing stoppages, common mistakes, and combat mindset are the main subjects tackled in this course.
Expectations and Outcomes
Students participating in this course, will be able to explain and demonstrate the following;
How to apply the Rules for Safe Gun Handling, the difference between cover and concealment, drawing from the holster, levels of mental awareness, developing the proper mindset when using a pistol for personal protection, clearing common stoppages, use of pocket pistols. Students will learn to fire from 4 different positions will have the understanding necessary to be able to protect themselves and their families.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
Range Equipment Recommendation List
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Your preferred handgun
- Appropriate holster for your handgun, as applicable for your specified use/course
- (strong side, outside the waistband is preferred and highly recommended)
- Factory Ammunition for your handgun/rifle (minimum 150 - 200 rounds, course dependent, no reloads)
- 3 magazines for semi-auto pistols, 3 magazines for rifles
- Ammunition carrier (speed loaders/magazines pouches)
- Appropriate clothing for weather/range condition, course application (rain gear, long pants/sleeves, knee-pads, etc)
- Snacks, as appropriate