NEW GUN OWNERS SEEKING FAMILIARITY AND COMFORT, AS WELL AS THOSE WANTING TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND LEARN A NEW SKILL, WILL FIND THIS COURSE TO BE THE PERFECT FOUNDATION.
Duration: 1 hour classroom - 2 hours range
Instructor: Tip of the Spear Training Group - Denver Houck View Bio
This comprehensive course provides hands-on training and the basic knowledge necessary to safely handle, load, fire, and maintain most types of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Classroom and range time offer ample opportunity to achieve the skills for success in a casual, stress-free environment. This course may also meet and/or exceed the training requirements of many states and localities to apply for concealed carry permits. Check with your local issuing agency for more details.
· Please wear long pants with pockets, closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), and a crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neck lines)
Minimum 100 rounds.
- Responsible firearms ownership and applications of the handgun
- Firearms safety training for the home, workplace, and vehicle
- Safety concerns and practices while training and while carrying a firearm
- Safe use and handling of firearms
- Locking devices and techniques for firearms to prevent unauthorized gun access
- Potential dangers (penetration, ricochet, misidentification, accidental discharges, etc.)
- Ready positions
- Components and operation of modern pistols and revolvers
- Types, components, and purposes of modern ammunition
- Applicable laws relating to the possession, transportation, and storage of firearms
- General guidelines on interstate travel with firearms
- Administrative loading and unloading of pistols and revolvers
- Fundamentals of basic shooting techniques
- Preventative maintenance (cleaning, maintenance, inspection, and safe storage)
Expectations and Outcomes
Students will be issued a certificate of completion upon qualification.