Basic - $260 Total / $25 Deposit - NEW GUN OWNERS SEEKING FAMILIARITY AND COMFORT, AS WELL AS THOSE WANTING TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND LEARN A NEW SKILL, WILL FIND THIS COURSE TO BE THE PERFECT FOUNDATION.
Duration: 3 hours classroom - 1 hour range
This comprehensive course provides hands-on training and the basic knowledge necessary to safely handle, load, fire, and maintain most types of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Classroom and practical application time offer ample opportunity to achieve the skills for success in a casual, stress-free environment. This course requires no live-fire, focusing more on how to shoot correctly before firing a single round. Therefore, reducing errors and mishaps on the range during our live-fire courses.
- Responsible firearms ownership and applications of the handgun
- Firearms safety training for the home, workplace, and vehicle
- Safety concerns and practices while training and while carrying a firearm
- Safe use and handling of firearms
- Locking devices and techniques for firearms to prevent unauthorized gun access
- Potential dangers (penetration, ricochet, misidentification, accidental discharges, etc.)
- Ready positions
- Components and operation of modern pistols and revolvers
- Types, components, and purposes of modern ammunition
- Applicable laws relating to the possession, transportation, and storage of firearms
- General guidelines on interstate travel with firearms
- Administrative loading and unloading of pistols and revolvers
- Fundamentals of basic shooting techniques
- Preventative maintenance (cleaning, maintenance, inspection, and safe storage)
Expectations and Outcomes
Total Course cost is $260, $25 deposit is received now, and the remaining $235 due at the course.
If you need to rent a weapon and buy ammo you can do so at the range.
Basic, NRA Courses, USCCA Courses
- Please wear long pants with pockets, closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), and a crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neck lines)
- No Ammo Required. Do not bring ammunition into the classroom. Only bring your firearm if you have one. One is not required for this course and will be provided.