Geared towards the popular modern semi-automatic rifle or modern carbine, this entry-level course guides the new owner or new shooter interested in this type of firearm through the basics of safety, parts, cleaning, basic function, gripping, shouldering, prone position, fundamentals of shooting, handling, loading, unloading, firing, and maintenance.
Utilizing Inert or SIRT weapons, no slings, any sighting system, and is a non-live fire course.
- Demonstrate the safe use, handling, and storage of rifles
- Understand how to secure and childproof rifles
- Safely carry a rifle
- Understand the basic operation of rifles
- Understand how to safely handle, store, maintain, and select ammunition
- Understand how to load, shoot, reload, and clear a rifle
- Demonstrate how to clean and lubricate a rifle
- Demonstrate how to properly function check a rifle
- Legal information regarding storage, travel, purchase, etc.
Expectations and Outcomes
Total Course cost is $260, $25 deposit is received now, and the remaining $235 due at the course.
Basic, NRA Courses, Rifle, USCCA Courses
AR-15 that fires 5.56, .223, .300, 7.62 or 9mm
You will need at least zero live rounds for this course.