There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The Level I Pistol Course is designed for shooters working to achieve perfect execution of the fundamentals of marksmanship under increasing pressure, engaging multiple targets at distances up to 25 yds. The course covers all aspects of firearm safety and handling of a semi-automatic pistol, as well as the equally critical cognitive aspects of marksmanship. The progressively challenging drills involve a variety of shooting positions, distances, and target engagements. These drills will primarily originate from the holstered position and are designed to improve confidence, speed and accuracy. Upon completion of the course, the student will have the strong fundamental base necessary to move on to the Two Day Tactical courses, Home Defense/Low Light Pistol and other more challenging courses.
- General firearms safety
- Verify safe, loading, and unloading procedure
- Fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
- Reloading and malfunction drills
- The draw and proper presentation to the target
- Multiple shots and multiple targets
- Basic techniques of cleaning and lubrication
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 300 rounds of pistol ammunition per person.
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Pistol with a minimum of 2 magazines
- Jeans/Trousers (no yoga pants or sweats) with belt loops
- Sturdy belt with holster and magazine pouches
- Weapon cleaning kit (with oil)
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water/Snacks (1 hour lunch break)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Sun screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)