There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The Level I Carbine course is designed to emphasize the fundamentals of marksmanship in utilizing a semi-automatic AR-15 type rifle or carbine. The course will consist of approximately 1 hour of classroom instruction on firearm safety, firearm operation, sling adjustment, sight adjustment, and the cognitive aspects of marksmanship. Classroom instruction is followed by 7 hours of progressively challenging drills that involve a variety of shooting positions, distances, and target engagements. These drills will primarily originate from standing position and are designed to improve both speed and accuracy. Upon completion of this course the student will have a thorough understanding of firearm safety, firearm operation, and the ability to engage multiple targets at distances up to 100 yards from the prone, seated, kneeling, and standing positions.
- Carbine with 3 magazines
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with oil for carbine)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water/Snacks (1 hr lunch break)
- Hat/Gloves (rifle will get hot)
- Sun screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
- Optical sight for carbine (optional, but highly recommended)
- Belt, LBE or protective vest with associated magazine pouches
Ammo requirements: 300 rounds of rifle ammunition per person.