One Day Wind Reading
Duration: Three Hours Classroom and Eight Hours Range Time
The Range Complex
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
• Understand the effects of wind.
• Use mirage, flags and other wind indicators (grass/trees/smoke etc.) to determine bullet wind drift.
• Use target dimensions and wind conditions to determine and make sight adjustment to make first round hits.
• Understand what to look for on a range/in the field prior to shooting.
• Experience shooting high power rifles and understanding of firearms safety.
Firearms Requirements (Student provided):
• Rifles: Military Service Rifle/Civilian equivalent (M16/AR15, M14/M1A, M1 Grand, M110/SR25/AR10, M24/Remington 700/40X), other similar bolt action rifles .223 up to 30-06. Note: No magnum calibers.
• Sights: Standard Service Rifle Sights, match rifle sights, scope (10-25X power).
• System: Rifle system must be able to hold groups of 2 MOA or less.
• Note: Rifles will be supported in some manner (sandbag, bipod, front rest of your choice).
Ammo requirements (Student furnished): Minimum of 50 rounds of match grade hand loaded or commercial ammo (same manufacture, type and weight – preferably of same lot number).