There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
If you haven't shot since the military, or if you've recently purchased a modern sporting rifle but just played around, this is the course for you. This intermediate to semi-advanced level course will help you understand the capabilities of this amazing platform. Shooting from various positions, distances, speed and precision fire will be covered along with some scenario-based training.
- A review of the universal rules of firearm safety
- A review of basic shooting techniques including hold stances and body positions
- Introduction to unorthodox shooting stances
- Engaging targets at distance for accuracy
- Engaging multiple targets for speed shooting and moving
- Shooting from behind, around, and through cover
- Ballistic capabilities of this platform
- Basic and advanced reloading techniques
- Jam clearing and malfunction mitigation
- A complete teardown of the rifle and full servicing
- Optics, accessories, and best practices
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will have a significant understanding of how to use this particular weapons platform in a combative environment, including engaging targets from 3 to 100 yards. The student will be able to operate the rifle in various conditions and positions. Student will be able to quickly clear malfunctions and reload the rifle, keeping it in an operable condition. The student will understand best practices for shooting, cleaning, storing, maintaining, and accesorizing a modern sporting rifle.
Intermediate, In Home Defense Training, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, Rifle, Scenario Based Training, Scenario Based Training (Simunitions, Man Marking Cartridge), USCCA Courses
Pennsylvania residents 18 and older. You must have a modern sporting rifle chambered in 22LR,300 BLK, 223 or 5.56. Or a shoulder mounted pistol caliber carbine. You must be able to load, unload, and safely fire your gun. You must have a working understanding of its basic concepts. This is not a beginner's class so if you have not loaded, fired, or cleaned this rifle, this class is not for you.
- Modern sporting rifle chambered in .223/5.56, 300 BLK. 22L
- Pistol Caliber Carbine shoulder mounted. (Call with questions)
- Three magazines at least 20 rounds each, preferably 30
- 250 rounds of ammo
- Safety gear for a live fire event
- Optics are preferred but iron sights are the minimum sighting system, preferably both
- The rifle must have a detachable sling
- Various hand guards, gripping devices, and accessories are permissible at the instructor's discretion. Silencing devices and suppressors are also permitted