There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This is an excellent introductory/refresher course that will provide you with the safety, ability, and confidence for shooting modern pistols. Completion of this class qualifies as the education component for a Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP) in Virginia, DC, & Maryland HQL certification at the end of this class. This is the instructor-led course where you will receive direct instruction from an NRA-certified instructor from beginning to end.We will cover firearm safety, firearm storage, ammunition selection, firearm cleaning, and more. Students are encouraged to bring their own gun, but a gun is not necessary and can be provided. This course consists of 6 hours of classroom time and 2 hours of gun handling/range time. To ensure safety, there will be NO AMMUNITION in the classroom. Students are responsible for their 100 rounds of ammunition, & hearing and eye protection.
- Responsible firearms ownership and applications of the handgun
- Firearms safety training for the home, workplace, and vehicle
- Safety concerns and practices while training and while carrying a firearm
- Safe use and handling of firearms
- Locking devices and techniques for firearms to prevent unauthorized gun access
- Potential dangers (penetration, ricochet, misidentification, accidental discharges, etc.)
- Ready positions
- Components and operation of modern pistols
- Types, components, and purposes of modern ammunition
- Applicable laws relating to the possession, transportation, and storage of firearms
- General guidelines on interstate travel with firearms
- Administrative loading and unloading of pistols
- Fundamentals of basic shooting techniques
- Preventative maintenance (cleaning, maintenance, inspection, and safe storage)
Expectations and Outcomes
The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, and foundational marksmanship skills. must complete an in Classroom Written Exam, and will receive a Course Completion Certificate after Passing the Live-Fire Range Session
Basic, CCW, Combatives / Less Lethal, In Home Defense Training, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, NRA Courses, Security Training & Certification, Women's Only Courses
Students must bring a valid driver’s license or state issued ID to class with them for verification.
·Students must arrive on time and be present for the entire duration of class
Students are encouraged to bring their own gun, but a gun is not necessary and can be provided. Students are responsible for their 100 rounds of ammunition, range fees, & hearing and eye protection.Please wear long pants with pockets, closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), and a crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neck lines
To ensure safety, there will be NO AMMUNITION in the classroom.