There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The Introduction to Precision Rifle is a one day course that covers the basics of precision rifle shooting. From the rifle, scope, and ancillary equipment selection to the introduction of ballistics and the effects of the environment on a bullet (External Ballistics) every rifle shooter will broaden their knowledge base in this course.
- Rifle, scope, and equipment selection
- Precision Rifle Marksmanship
- Scope Theory
- Introductory Rifle Ballistics (Internal, External)
- Precision Rifle Data book
- 100yd Zero & 300yd Confirmation
Expectations and Outcomes
The objective is to introduce Precision Marksmanship Fundamentals. All shooting will be done from the prone position so be prepared to get dirty or bring a shooting mat.
After the classroom, shooters then zero their rifles to 1 Minute of Angle (MOA) at 100 yards. Shooters will then confirm their calculated 300 yard zero, adjust their scope, and shooting at a 1 MOA target (3").
Long Range Precision
All students must 18, have the legal ability to possess a rifle, and be a US Citizen or resident (identification required & verified prior to course start).
Standard background check must be completed prior to course (Current State LTC waives background check).
This course can be taken by minors (under 18 but older than 15) with accompanying parent in the course and at instructors discretion.
Release and Authorization forms will be sent via email after registration.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
The instructor requires a copy of your CCW permit once you register.
- Rifle capable of 1 MOA at 300 yards.
- Recommend a .300 caliber or higher bolt action rifle. Semi-automatics are accepted as long has they can hold 1 MOA at 300 yards. NO .50 Caliber. (.260 Remington, 6, 6.5 match grade, etc. is acceptable)
- Precision Rifle Scope with MilDot or MilRad reticle (fixed or variable) w/capped or target turrets
- Rifle support (front: bipod; rear: bag) for shooting from the prone
- Minimum 50 rounds factory match ammunition (100 rds preferred). NO RELOAD AMMUNITION WITHOUT INSTRUCTOR APPROVAL IN ADVANCE.
- Rifle cleaning gear
- Inch Pound Torque wrench (according to rifle)
- Hearing protection (Electronic preferred)
- Eye protection
- Long sleeve shirt/long pants
- Rugged field boots
- Note taking material w/Pencil
- WATER SOURCE