There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The Long Range Precision Rifle I (LRPR-I) is a three day basic/beginner precision rifle course designed for the novice rifle shooter, but those with little or no formal rifle training are encouraged and recommended to attend. This course builds the foundation of Precision Marksmanship Fundamentals using supported shooting positions.
- Equipment selection
- Precision Rifle Marksmanship & establishing Supported Positions (prone, kneeling, & sitting)
- Scope Theory
- Introductory Rifle Ballistics (Internal, External, & Terminal)
- Range Estimation
- Precision Rifle Data book
- Range Cards
- Environmental Considerations
- Introduction to Wind Reading
- Rifle Data gathering out to 1000 yards
Expectations and Outcomes
LRPR-I will build the shooters Long Range skills by developing good habits when shooting from conventional positions. Students can expect to shoot 200-300 rounds to 1000 yards and beyond, dependent on the shooters rifle and cartridge. Beginners, novice, or experienced shooters will all benefit from this course.
Long Range Precision
All students must 18, have the legal ability to purchase a rifle, and be a US Citizen or resident (identification required & verified prior to course start).
Standard background check must be completed prior to course (Current State LTC License waives background check).
This course can be taken by minors (under 18 but older than 15) with accompanying parent in the course and at instructors discretion.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
The instructor requires a copy of your Concealed Carry Weapons permit once you register.
- Rifle capable of 1 MOA at 300 yards.
- Recommend a .300 caliber or higher bolt action rifle. Semi-automatics are accepted as long has they can hold 1 MOA at 300 yards. NO .50 Caliber. (.260 Remington, 6, 6.5 match grade is acceptable)
- Precision Rifle Scope with MilDot or MilRad reticle (fixed or variable) w/capped or target turrets
- Rifle support (front: bipod; rear: bag)
- Minimum 100 rounds factory match ammunition (200 rds preferred). NO RELOAD AMMUNITION
- Rifle cleaning gear
- Inch Pound Torque wrench (according to rifle)
- Hearing protection (Electronic preferred)
- Eye protection
- Long sleeve shirt/long pants
- Rugged field boots
- Note taking material w/Pencil
- WATER SOURCE
- Seasonal weather gear/rain gear