Beginner handgun course that is for someone who has little or no experience with a handgun. It teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a handgun safely.
- Upon registration, the student will be sent a link with a course code to register and take the online portion of the course.
- The student does not need to own a pistol to take this course.
- If they already own one, they are encouraged to bring it.
- Ensure that the pistol and the magazines (if a semi-auto) are not loaded
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
Additional gear required:
- Online Portion - Computer, tablet, or mobile device with internet access
- Eye Protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Seasonal weather gear/rain gear
- Safety and storage
- Single & Double Action Revolvers and/or Semi-Automatic Handguns
- Handgun parts (nomenclature) and operations
- Handgun ammunition
- Range rules
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Shooting positions
Expectations and Outcomes
The course includes ONLINE classroom and range. Students learn to shoot a semi-automatic handgun along with the learning the rules for safe gun handling; handgun parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from a seated supported and two handed standing positions; and cleaning the pistol.
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.