The SAH I uses real life scenarios and drills to instill the fundamentals of marksmanship, gun-handling, safety, ammunition selection, equipment selection, loading, unloading, immediate action/malfunction drills, equipment placement and firing techniques taught both in the classroom and on the range.
Students should have some knowledge of how to fire a handgun and operate it safely but do not need to have "advanced" level firearms training.
All students must have the legal ability to purchase a handgun, and be a US Person (identification required & verified prior to course start). Standard background check will be performed upon course registration. License to Carry a Concealed Handgun will suffice for background check.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- Eye Protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Baseball style hat
- Range food/WATER
- Seasonal weather gear/rain gear
- STURDY pistol belt
- Factory Production Handgun (preferably 12 round capacity or higher, Single stack .45’s are fine, just need to increase magazine count to 8 minimum)
- Holster **SEE NOTES**
- Double magazine carrier
- 4 high capacity magazines MINIMUM (8 for 1911 type handguns)
- 300 rounds of factory ammunition (See ammunition policy)
- Cleaning kit/lubrication, Note taking material
- Holsters MUST be capable of holstering without use of the non-shooting hand.
- Old leather pancake style or inside the waistband holsters that do not retain their opening when the handgun is removed are NOT permitted.
- NO SERPA HOLSTERS.
- Shoulder rigs ARE NOT permitted for safety of others at the range.
- Level 0 or Level 1 retention holsters are required.
- Pistol nomenclature & operation
- Cyclic of Operation
- Function checks
- Loading & unloading
- Ballistics (including barrel twist & ammunition selection)
- Range procedures
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Target acquisition and engagement (multiple ranges, stationary & moving – forward/backward)
- Tactical & speed reloading
- Immediate actions/malfunction drills
- Use of cover and movement
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.