Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals
Basic - An opportunity for individuals that want to develop their self defense skills in order to be prepared for the worst case scenario
Duration: 6 Hours Classroom, 2+ Hours Range Time
Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals is a comprehensive course for anyone considering owning or carrying a firearm for self-defense. The course is a complete guide to understanding conflict avoidance and situational awareness; home security and home defense; handgun, shotgun and AR-15 basics; shooting fundamentals; the physiology of violent encounters; the legal aspects of using deadly force (including knowing what to do in the aftermath); and a complete guide on gear, gadgets, and ongoing training.
- conflict avoidance and situational awareness
- home security and home defense
- handgun, shotgun and AR-15 basics
- shooting fundamentals
- the physiology of violent encounters
- The legal aspects of using deadly force (including knowing what to do in the aftermath
- a complete guide on gear, gadgets, and ongoing training
Expectations and Outcomes
This course covers everything required by the State of Ohio to qualify for a CHL (Concealed Handgun License). Once this course is complete TO STANDARD you will be able to schedule an appointment through your county's Sherrif Department to conduct a background check in order to clear you for your CHL.
Basic, CCW, USCCA Courses
- Bring your state issued ID (Driver's Licence)
NOTE: 5 Reasons You Will Be Denied a Concealed Handgun License
- You are subject to a restraining order, protection order, anti-harassment order or any other order prohibiting contact with a person or prohibiting possessing a firearm
- Be aware that many family law cases involving divorce incorporate a restraining order that prohibit possessing a firearm.
- You have ever been committed to a mental institution or deemed mentally defective.
- You have a felony conviction in this State or elsewhere. Vacating the conviction may help the approval process for your CHL application.
- You have unlawfully used a controlled substance within the past year.
- You have a convictions for any of the following crimes committed by one family member against another:
- Assault IV
- Reckless Endangerment
- Criminal Trespass in the first degree
- Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- Ammunition - 50 rounds of appropriate ammunition for your handgun - NO RELOADS
- Extra Magazines if available
- Magazine Pouch if available
- Eye & Ear Protection (we recommend the electronic ear protection)
- Quality Holster
- Close-toed Shoes
- Rain Gear
- Water / Beverage
- Pen & Notebook