Defensive Pistol I: Foundation
Basic - Learn pistol fundamentals through a defensive mindset. This 8-hour course will go over pistol marksmanship fundamentals, drawing from the holster, tactical shooting drills, and more!
Duration: 8 Hours
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Defensive Pistol I is the perfect class for handgun owners to learn how to defensively use their sidearm. We build you from the ground up, working grip, stance, and marksmanship fundamentals. Later during the class, we teach students how to safely draw and fire from the holster. The use of cover and concealment at our outdoor range will be drilled and demonstrated by our skilled instructors.
- Pistol Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Pistol Reloading
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Carry Methods
- Firing from concealment (drawing from the holster)
- Combat Movement and Stances
- Using Cover and Concealment
- Engaging Multiple Targets
Expectations and Outcomes
Students should expect to feel exponentially more confident in their pistol skills by the end of this class. This course is not a markmanship class. Distances we will be focusing on are at close quarter ranges (10 feet max) and students will have an understanding on how to most effectively engage from the holster at these distances. Students will have a firm understanding of how to reload their weapons under stress and clear malfunctions to get their weapon system back in the fight.
Basic, Intermediate, CCW
Basic DL will be needed to confirm identity. We may ask for more information to confirm validity of identity. No prohibited posessor may attend this class.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
List of things to bring
- Outdoor-Friend Clothing
- Quality Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver
- AT LEAST 3 magazines for pistols, 2 speed loaders for Revolvers
- Gloves and kneepads are recommended but not required
- Set of protective Eyewear AND shooting ear protection (mandatory)
- AT LEAST 500 rounds of range ammunition for your firearm
- Clearning and maintence equipment recommended to keep your firearm running smooth
- Safe practices and positive mental attitude
- Quality holster for your firearm with belt or attachments