Fighting Carbine I: Foundation
Basic - Learn the fundamentals of your fighting rifle! From marksmanship fundamentals, weapon manipulation, reloading, and tactical movement, this class has everything you need to be a competent carbine shooter.
Duration: 8 Hours
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Learn the fundamentals of your fighting rifle! From marksmanship fundamentals, weapon manipulation, reloading, and tactical movement, this class has everything you need to be a competent carbine shooter. This 8 hour day will be hosted at a private outdoor range that will allow students to zero their weapons out to 50 yards. This course will have students training to use cover and concealment as well.
- Weapon Safety
- Weapon and Optic Zeroing
- Rifle Manipulation and Nomenclature
- Sling Manipulation
- Close-Range Shooting
- Cover vs Concealment
- Extended Shooting Ranges (out to 50 yards)
- Supported and Unsupported Shooting Positions
- Shooting and Moving
Expectations and Outcomes
Students should expect to leave this course with a detailed understanding of their rifle. You will have extended and practiced knowledge of weapons manipulation and safety. You will be able to hit targets consistently from close and mid ranges, be able to reload quickly, and shoot from multiple stances. You will be able to hit multiple targets in a single engagement. We want all students attending this course to feel their rifle is an extension of themselves by the time the class ends.
Basic, Intermediate, Rifle
- DL or gov ID to confirm Identity
- No prohibited posessor (firearms) can attend this class. We reserve the right to eject anyone without refund who attends and is legally prohibited from owning firearms.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- 500 rounds of rifle ammunition
- Outdoor-friendly clothing
- Quality semi-automatic rifle with a minimum of 3 magazines that can hold at least 20 rounds each
- A sling for your rifle
- Eye and Ear protection is required (will not be provided)