There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
On Day 1, you will learn the realities of surviving an edged weapon attack. The vast majority of knife attacks are AMBUSH ATTACKS. This means that there is a high probability that when one happens, you won’t have your weapon system deployed in time. Learning to STOP the attack using devastating empty hand counter-attacks is the goal of Day 1.
On Day 2, we get into the meat and potatoes of our edged-weapon fighting system. You will learn important blade-centric skills like the best places to wear and conceal one, grip positions, body postures, and angles of attack. Students will be drilled on fixed blade and folding-knife deployment, footwork, and agility which will be pressure-tested in peer-to-peer sparring and micro-fights with role-players.
- Stopping violent, bladed ambush attacks with your bare hands
- Concealment Methods
- Knife-Fighting Footwork
- Effective Fighting Stances
- Knife-to-Knife Fighting
- Angles of Attack and Targeting
- Basic Clinch-Breaking
- Situational Awareness
Expectations and Outcomes
By the end of this course, students will have a firm understanding of what a real knife attack looks and feels like. They will know how to stop this kind of attack and bring the violence back to the assailant. Combat mindset development is a HUGE part of this class and because all students will be pressure-tested against our roleplayers at the end, they will see for themselves how these techniques work.
Students will also understand how to best carry their EDC blade and deploy it under pressure. Using our marking blades, they will get direct data on where and how they counter-attack. Questions answered by the class are as follows.
1. How do I stop a knife attack?
2. What kind of knife should I carry?
3. Where should I carry my knife?
4. Can I fight well with my knife against another knife-wielder?
5. How and when do I use my knife with my firearm?
Basic, Combatives / Less Lethal, Seminars / Lectures, Specialty Other, Virtual Simulation
- Athletic Clothing
- Positive Mental Attitude and Headspace
- Live Cutting blade (Optional)
- Knife Trainer (Optional)
- White Tee shirt (x2, must be disposible)