There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This course consists of approximately eight hours of instruction and includes the following areas: Legal issues (2 hours), Handgun nomenclature, Handgun safety, Handgun fundamentals, Marksmanship fundamentals, Presentation techniques, Cleaning and Maintenance, Ammunition and Proficiency Drills. You may use your firearm or one of ours.
The fundamentals of marksmanship.
N.C. Firearms laws
Expectations and Outcomes
At the end of this course the student will have the knowledge and skill to qualify for a State of North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit.
Please bring a N.C. Drivers license or Identification card.
If you would like to qualify with your personally owned firearm please bring it otherwise you may borrow one of ours.
Be punctual and willing to learn!
Rent or Buy eye and ear protection
Please wear pants, a long sleeve shirt and closed toed shoes.
Varies. Contact for more details
Must meet ALL the below requirements to apply for a N.C. Concealed Carry permit
- be twenty-one (21) years of age;
- have attained at least one month's residency (30 days) in Mecklenburg County;
- be a citizen or a naturalized citizen of the United States or a lawful permanent resident alien;
- not suffer from any mental or physical infirmity which would prevent safe handgun handling and operation
- at the time of appointment, provide a valid driver's license or other Government ID with current address provided by the State of North Carolina.
- successfully complete a firearms training and safety course that has been designed by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Standards Commission