There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This class is for anyone contemplating owning or carrying a firearm for self-defense. We will cover the following topics:
- Firearm safety
- Legal characteristics of using deadly force and the Oklahoma Self Defense Act
- Intro to basic fundamentals of shooting a handgun
- Basic handgun functions including loading, unloading and malfunction clearances
- Firearm safety
- Oklahoma self defense laws including scenerio based exercises
- choosing the right gun for the right purpose
- basic semi-auto handgun function and malfunctions
- loading and unloading a semi-auto
- basic introduction into handgun fundamentals
- dry fire drills done in the classroom
- you will shoot 50 rounds on the live-fire range to pass the safety qualification
Expectations and Outcomes
Students will be able to SAFELY practice on their own after taking this course. They will also receive a certificate to submit to the state of Oklahoma to apply for their CCW license.
Please email the following information to Dan`niel at AmericanArmsTraining@gmail.com
Your name, address and phone number
how you heard about us
what is your level of shooting experience
will you need to rent a gun from us for this class
do you plan on carrying your firearm in public (when you are comfortable)
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
For this class you must qualify with a semi-auto handgun. If you already own one please bring it with 50 rounds of ammunition. We prefer that you do not bring anything larger than a 9mm caliber gun. If you do not own one yet we can provide rental guns for an extra fee of $15 cash. The range is outdoors so please dress in layers.