LADIES BEGINNER HANDGUN AND TX LICENSE TO CARRY
Basic - An opportunity for women to learn safe firearms handling, and to obtain their TX License to Carry
Duration: 4 hours Classroom, 4 hours Range Time
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Are you a new shooter looking to obtain your Texas License to Carry ("LTC")? Then this class would be perfect for you if you're new to shooting, want to take a beginner class and get your LTC. This is an 8hr class designed to develop safe and well-rounded NEW shooters. The classroom portion will be conducted in person at our training facility, and the live fire portion will be conducted at an outdoor range. Shooting proficiency will start after the live fire basic handgun class.
This class is for ages 18+ years.
* A FEMALE DPS-CERTIFIED LTC INSTRUCTOR WILL TEACH THIS CLASS
TX LTC CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION:
- The laws that relate to weapons and to the use of deadly force.
- Handgun use and safety, including the use of restraint holsters and methods to ensure the secure carrying of openly carried handguns.
- Nonviolent dispute resolution.
- Proper storage practices for handguns with an emphasis on storage practices that eliminate the possibility of accidental injury to a child.
BASIC HANDGUN COURSE:
Students will learn the basics of handgun safety, including how to safely clear (unload) a semi-automatic pistol. We'll explain and demonstrate the seven basic fundamentals for safe and accurate shooting. The lesson is rounded out by taking those basics and putting them into practice both in the classroom and on the shooting range.
LTC shooting proficiency will start after the live fire basic handgun class.
Expectations and Outcomes
The Beginners Basic Handgun class will act as a building block as the student progresses in their shooting journey. After completing this course, the student will receive a certificate and be issued an LTC-100 as proof of training to submit to DPS after applying for their license.
Basic, Concealed Carry Training, USCCA Courses, Women's Only Courses
- Driver's License or State ID (bring to class)
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED FOR CLASS:
- Handgun in its case or range bag (if you do not have a handgun to use, we will give you one plus one (1) box of ammo)
- 1 Magazine
- Ammunition, two (2) boxes for the caliber handgun you will use. If you rent a handgun from the instructor, the 2nd box of ammo must be purchased from the instructor (not an outside source).
- Long Pants (Leggings are acceptable)
- Closed toe shoes
- Safety Glasses
- Ear Protection
- Bring a light lunch or something to snack on
- HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE THE PREVIOUS DAY BEFORE CLASS
- Pen and Paper for note-taking
- A portable chair or stool for outdoors (optional)
- Ammunition (for purchase)
- Snap Caps