There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Do any of these statements apply to you?
- I want to become familiar with handgun safety, then learn how to shoot.
- I am curious about guns, but I am unsure.
- I want to learn about gun safety but am not sure I am ready for live fire.
- I live in a house with guns, and I want to feel safe and comfortable around them.
This class is perfect for new or inexperienced shooters and the gun curious.
This class will help build your confidence about handguns by not only teaching you how a firearm works, but how to handle one safely, load and unload and manipulate both pistols and revolvers. Classroom lectures, demonstrations, and dry-fire drills will be used to ensure our students leave with a basic knowledge of handgun functions and how to be safe with and around them.
This class does not have any range / live-fire. If you are looking for an Introduction to Handguns with live-fire, please register for Introduction to Handguns - Classroom and Range.
- Firearms Safety Rules
- Firearms Safe Storage
- Common Firearms Terminology
- Ammunition Overview
- Handgun Overview
- Caliber Identification
- Safe Use and Handling of Firearms
Expectations and Outcomes
Successful completion of this class will leave students feeling safer and more comfortable around firearms.