There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The primary goal of this course is to start developing basic defensive pistol techniques, the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to a surviving a lethal threat or confrontation. This course uses a combination of dry fire and live fire drills and covers failure/malfunctions, unconventional shooting positions, conceal vs cover and more.
Course Fee: $150.00
Range Fee: $20.00 paid directly to the range
- Firearms and Range Safety Review
- Holster Review
- Reloads Review
- Malfunctions Review
- Ready Positions From the Holster
- Shooting From Retention
- Target Transitions
- Engaging Multiple Targets
- Conceal vs Cover
- Shooting from Unconventional Positions
- Shooting and Moving
Students in this class must understand how their gun functions and be able to load, unload and show clear, and have some formal training drawing from a holster, while always following the fundamental safety rules.
- Semi Automatic Pistol
- Minimum of 2 Magazines
- Sturdy Gun Belt
- OWB Belt Mounted Holster *perfered*
- For safety reasons bra holsters, bag holsters (Ukoala Bag and like systems), soft side collapsible holsters, cross draw, Serpa, ankle, off-body and behind-the-back holsters are NOT allowed.
- IWB Belt Mounted Holster, carried open (not from concealment)
- Enigma holster systems are allowed, however you must be able to use it in an open carry method.
- You must be able to safely tuck your shirt behind your IWB holster in a manner that does not interfere with safely drawing and holstering, we are not working from concealment.
- At least 1 Magazine Holster or Pouch
- AR-15 Type Rifle
- Shooting Rated Eye and Hearing Protection
- 300 Rounds of Factory New Ammunition
- Reloaded ammunition is not allowed
- Crew Neck Shirt
- No low cut tops allowed
- Close-Toe Shoes
- Lunch, Snacks and Hydration (both Water AND Electrolytes)
- Additional personal comfort items:
- Bug spray