This 4-hour course starts with classroom instruction that explains the universal safety rules, how firearms work, the loading and unloading of a firearm, and then a discussion on the fundamentals of shooting. This course is designed for students who have recently purchased a firearm and want to learn about it, or as a refresher course for those who want to get more practice to aid in comfortability around firearms. Students may bring their own firearms for use or rent one of our range guns to see what works best for them. After the classroom portion, students will be given a brief intermission before beginning the range portion of the class where targets are provided. This class requires 50 rounds of ammunition and a modern firearm in good working condition. After the range portion is completed students return to the classroom for a debriefing where the instructors will answer any questions students have on future training or topics covered during the class.
This is a terrific course for the first-time or newer shooter. Instructors will make learning to shoot a handgun safe, easy, and fun. DoubleTap is here throughout the whole process and we are glad to answer any questions you may have so ask away!
Expectations and Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course, you will feel comfortable and safe with the operation of a handgun.
Basic, Seminars / Lectures, USCCA Courses
- Persons 18 years and older; 14-17 year-olds with parental enrollment.
- Persons ineligible to possess a firearm are prohibited from this class.
- Students must bring a modern working firearm, 50 rounds of factory-new ammunition. If you do not have your own firearm, you may rent a Double Tap range firearm.
- Eye and ear protection is required.
- Please wear range-appropriate clothing/footwear.