Level 2 Intermediate Defensive Handgun Class
Duration: 4 hours
|Register Now||April 22 Saturday||
|4 - 12 Students||8am-12pm||Paul Jendrzejewski|
|Register Now||July 15 Saturday||
|4 - 12 Students||8am - 12pm||Paul Jendrzejewski|
Level 2 Basic Defensive Handgun Class builds on the fundamentals of shooting presented in Level 1. Class includes drawing from a holster, shooting off-hand, and shooting from a kneeling position. Students must have completed a basic handgun class.
- Universal safety rules (review)
- Fundamentals of shooting: grip, stance, sights, trigger control, etc. (review)
- Dry practice magazine loading and dry-fire practice (review)
- Drawing from the holster
- Two-handed shooting drills/slow fire
- Two-handed shooting drills/double tap
- Balancing speed and accuracy for the human target
- One-handed shooting
- Emergency (slide lock) reloading
- Multiple threat engagement
- Shooting from kneeling/reloading from kneeling
- Retention shooting and CQB
- Level 1 jam clearing
- Using a firearm for self-defense
- Use of Force discussion including Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground
- Storage and children/gun safes
- Concealed-carry issues such as permits and holsters
Expectations and Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course, you will feel more comfortable and confident with your handgun. You will have shot in a variety of situations drawing from a holster and will have a better understanding of your personal skill level and concealed-carry concepts and practical use.
Intermediate, CCW, USCCA Courses
- PA residents, 21 years of age or older.
- Persons ineligible to possess or use a firearm, and felons, are prohibited from this class.
- Completion of Double Tap Range and Training liability waiver.
- Successful completion of the Level 1 Basic Pistol Class or NRA First Steps is a prerequisite.
- Students should bring a modern working firearm (semi-auto preferred), 2 magazines, 100 rounds of factory new ammunition, and a waist holster (belt or appendix.) Double Tap Range handguns are available to rent.
- Eye and ear protection is also required.
- Please wear range-appropriate clothing/footwear.