Armed Safety Team Introduction to Firearms Tactics
An opportunity for House of Worship Armed Safety Team Members to Learn Life Saving Skills & Tactics
Duration: 1 hour review & orientation at the range and 6 hours range time
Type(s): Advanced, Intermediate, Active Shooter Response Training, Other, Scenario Based Training, Security Training & Certification
Instructor: FPS Firearms Instructor Training and Security Consulting LLC - Fred Schnitzspahn View Bio
The Introduction to Firearms Tactics for Safety Team Members trains the user to protect the congregation at their House of Worship during an active shooter event. With an emphasis on safety, exercises get progessively more challenging throughout the duration of the class. Users will learn to draw and present from a concealed holster, how to re-holster, correctly perform combat and tactical reloads, clear malfunctions and stoppages, consistently shoot with Combat Accuracy, shoot while moving, use correct cornering techniques, correctly use cover and concealment and more, and shoot the FBI Qualification if they wish to take that challenge. Please see the detailed course description in Topics Include shown below.
Bring these required documents with you to the course.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
The instructor requires a copy of your CCW permit once you register.
- A defensive handgun (preferably at least .380 Auto or .38 Special - Ask for approval for other calibers).
- Good quality (fitted leather or kydex) strong-side hip holster that covers the trigger guard (for safety considerations other types of holsters are not permitted)
- A good quality stiff belt for the holster.
- 250 to 300 rounds of practice ammunition in the correct caliber for the pistol that you bring to class.
- 2 to 3 magazines (1-speed loader or strip for revolvers).
- Magazine or speed loader pouch that fits on your belt.
- A concealment garment such as a coat, a vest, a button up shirt, or a sweatshirt.
- Eye and ear protection.
You will experience the following in the Safety Team Member Introduction to Firearms Tactics:
- Shoot accurately from Five (5), Ten (10) Twenty-one (21) Feet
- Present the pistol from an unconcealed holster and Shoot accurately at Ten (10) Feet.
- Present the pistol from a Concealed Holster. Shoot 3-Shot Strings at Ten (10) Feet with good trigger resets.
- Present the pistol from a Concealed Holster Shoot Double Taps at ten feet with good trigger resets.
- Move off of the Line of attack or the “X” and Shoot with Combat Accuracy at 21-feet.
- Shoot Double Taps and 3-Round Strings with Combat Accuracy at 10-Feet.
- Shoot Multiple Targets with Combat Accuracy at 10-Ft.
- Shoot with Combat Accuracy to Center Mass and to the Head at 10-Feet.
- Shoot one-hand only with the Dominant Non-Dominant hand.
- Shooting Double Taps from the Retention Position at Close Quarters.
- Utilize Various Movement Skills While Engaging Threats. Lateral Left & Right (Parallel to targets) & Diagonal/Left oblique & right oblique to Targets.
- Utilize Tactically Correct Cornering and/or Room Entry Techniques.
- Engage Multiple Threats At Varying Distances From Behind Cover/Concealment With Combat Accuracy.
- Engage Threats With Combat Accuracy While 1) Selecting, 2) Moving To and 3) Using Cover and/or Concealment Effectively.
- Effectively Engage A Threat Holding a Hostage.
- Accuracy Challenge Drill.
- FBI Qualification Course - Optional Voluntary Activity
Expectations and Outcomes
At the conclusiion of this course you will have learned valuable life-saving pistol handling skills.
Safety Team Member Introduction to Firearms Tactics Course Completion Certificates are awarded at the conclusion of the course. The cerficates may qualify as an annual training requirement for your House of Worship.
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.