There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
- This course exceeds the requirements for the State of Michigan Concealed Pistol License (CPL).
- This is an 8 hour course that covers creating a personal and home defense plan, self defense firearm handling, defensive shooting fundamentals, the legal use of force, the aftermath of a violent encounter, proper gear/equipment, and live fire exercises.
- Creating a Personal and Home Defense Plan
- Basic Firearms Safety
- Safe Transport and Storage
- Defensive Shooting Fundamentals
- Legal use of force
- The aftermath of a violent encounter
- MI CPL Law
- Proper gear/equipment
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students should have gained a better overall understanding of firearms safety and their general function. Safe operating procedures on a live fire range, justified use of deadly force, MI CPL Law, Defensive shooting techniques, and basic principles of personal protection. Students successfully completing this course will receive a certificate compliant with the State of Michigan's requirements for applying for a Concealed Pistol License.
CCW, USCCA Courses
Students must provide a valid photo ID the day of class.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
Students must be at least 18 years of age and be legally able to possess a firearm.
- Eye & ear protection
- Safe functioning pistol or revolver
- minimum of 2 magazines or speed loaders
- 100 rounds of factory ammunition (no reloads, no magnum calibers)
- Note taking materials