There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This introduction to Carbine/ Patrol Rifle.
This is an 8-hour course that begins with the basics of care and maintenance.
The course is a combination of classroom and Live fire Range.
- Classroom 4 hours
- Range 4 hours
- History of the modern carbine
- Care and maintenance
- The basic operation of the carbine
- Mounting the rifle
- Use of sling
- Bore offset at close range.
- Dealing with malfunctions
- Transition Drills
- Practical application of the above
Expectations and Outcomes
The student, upon successful completion, will be able to safely operate the modern carbine, he/ she will understand how to maintain the rifle, and what type of ammunition is appropriate for it.
He/she will have developed the required safe handling skills and will have demonstrated them in practical application exercise on the range with live fire.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- AR15 type rifle, with a sling and, mounted light
- Handgun holster three spare magazines and mag pouches.
- At least three 30 round magazines
- At least one Magazine pouch or chest rig.
- 200 rounds of ammunition for your handgun and 300 rounds of ammunition for your rifle.
- 2 point sling.
- Back up sights (flip-ups are acceptable)
- Vertical for grip (recommended)