There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Bad things can happen at any time, and that includes during the hours of darkness or in dimly lit places. Low Light Handgun is designed to test and evaluate various methods of using a handgun for defensive purposes in low or no-light situations. This course will introduce the student to a variety of low/no-light techniques for use in the real world.
This class is for the student who is proficient with their handgun fundamentals and manipulation and is looking to build on those skills in a low light environment. This class is for the shooter who understands and applies the four rules of responsible firearms handling as a way of life. Students should be absolutely competent manipulating a handgun with both hands available and have above adequate marksmanship skills.
· The human eye and how it works in low light
· Positive Target Identification
· Hand-Held Light Techniques
· Weapon Mounted Light Techniques
· Movement in low light
· Selection of support equipment used in low light (flashlights, weapon mounted lights, night sites)
· Alternative uses for the flashlight
· Survival techniques with or without an alternative light source
· Dry and live fire drills utilizing weapons mounted lights and alternative light techniques
Expectations and Outcomes
Low Light Handgun is designed to test and evaluate various methods of using a handgun for defensive purposes in low or no-light situations. This course will introduce the student to a variety of low/no-light techniques for use in the real world.
Certificates will be awarded at class completion.
Advanced, Intermediate, CCW, Scenario Based Training, Specialty Other
Congratulations on your successful registration for the upcoming class with GTAC. Be sure to confirm your date, time, and location. Directions to 17 South Rod and Gun Club are available online.
Once you have entered the gate, follow the road past the clubhouse, past the skeet range, and you will see the 500 yard range. The GTAC gate is to the left of the 500 yard range. You will see our logo on the fence.
Please park outside the fenced area. You are welcome to use the restrooms in the clubhouse, at the skeet range, or near the tactical bays. We look forward to a fast paced, safe, and challenging class with you.
· 2 Chem Lights/ Glow Sticks (with a way to attach to your body)
· Reliable, functional handgun
· Belt holster with sturdy belt - NO APPENDIX CARRY for this class
· 150 rounds ammunition (minimum)
· 3 magazines or speed loaders
· Hearing and eye protection
· High-quality flashlight (Extra batteries)
· Night sights are not required
**IMPORTANT** Please be sure you click, read, and understand our Return (Cancellation) policies.