There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This course is a great first step in building your foundation for safe handling and operation of the modern sporting rifle.
Classroom and range time will provide a stress free, unintimidating atmosphere where we encourage all students to ask all and any questions they may have.
Expectations and Outcomes
- Have an understanding of and describe basic firearm safety.
- Have a basic understanding of operation of the modern sporting rifle, to include:
- component identification
- care and cleaning
- loading/unloading and clearing.
- ?Shooting basics – the importance of proper grip, sight alignment, sight picture, stance, trigger control, and follow through
- Rifle manipulation skills.
- Zeroing procedures (iron sights, red dot optics, low powered variable optics)
- Cover the types, components, and purposes of modern ammunition.
- Safe carry, transport and storage
- Safe, Functioning Semi-Automatic Rifle. with Sling
- 1-2 magazines ?
- Magazine Pouch(es) OPTIONAL
- Hat with brim
- Eye Protection: wrap around style
- Hearing Protection
- Weather appropriate clothing, to include long pants and closed toe shoes. No flip-flops.?
- 100 rounds of ammunition?
- Loaner guns, magazines, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection are available.