There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
No matter what it’s called..carbine..AR15..Modern Sporting Rifle, most people buy them for one purpose….Self Defense.
Designed to take the student from static live fire drills and a flat range mentality to movement techniques in and 360* world. Students will be introduced to defensive shooting techniques used in a close quarter environment that will leave them feeling more confident using their rifle in a defensive situation.
- Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- Firearm Safety – Responsible firearms ownership and defensive applications of the rifle
- Fighting stance
- Defensive Rifle Ready Positions?
- Defensive Marksmanship Fundamentals?
- Bi-Lateral Manipulations
- Engage multiple targets with efficiency
- Tactical Live Fire Movement Techniques
- Use of Cover
- Alternative Shooting Positions
- Graded Final Course of Fire
Students must have completed Intermediate Rifle or equivalent in order to attend this class. The student MUST know and be able to demonstrate how to safely load, fire, and unload a rifle.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Safe, functional Semi-automatic Carbine/Rifle/AR/MSR with sling
- 3 magazines
- Magazine pouches – optional
- Shooting gloves – optional
- Knee and elbow pads – optional
- Hat with a brim
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses?
- Weather appropriate clothing, to include long pants and closed toe shoes. No flip-flops.
- ?250 rounds of rifle ammunition