There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Fighting Rifle will cover multiple aspects of rifle marksmanship in tactical environments. Class participants will learn to utilize their rifle from 0-300 yards. Class will primarily be focused around the AR-15 platform equipped with iron sights and red dots, but other platforms, and optics are welcome.
Participants will learn conventional and unconventional shooting skills surrounding pistol and rifle shooting. Pistol and rifle skills will be taught individually as well as using both in a primary and secondary capacity. Most of our training courses consist of some type of medical component, whether basic or advanced, but class dynamic will dictate.
Topics covered include but are not limited to:
• Safety brief, medical concerns, and rang safety considerations.
• Firearm safety and weapons handling on the range and in the real world.
• Fundamentals of marksmanship.
• Pistol / Rifle diagnostics.
• Defensive shooting skills.
• Alternative shooting positions.
• Weapons manipulation and handling.
• Malfunction clearance procedures.
• Accuracy and speed drills.
• Movement while shooting.
• Use of cover and concealment.
• Engaging multiple threats.
• Safe and proper use of holsters and other equipment.
• Survival/defensive mindset.
• Equipment selection and considerations.
Expectations and Outcomes
Participants are expected to come to class with thier rifle zeroed. There will be a limited amount of time spent confirming zero at the begining of class. If you need help or advice prior to class, please contact the instrictor.
If you have not yet zeroed your rifle, a well established zero standard for the AR-15 platform rifle is to zero at 50 yards. This topic will be discussed further in class.
Advanced, Basic, Intermediate, Active Shooter Response Training, In Home Defense Training, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, Rifle