There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This one day nine hour class is for any civilians, law enforcement, or military personnel who has a desire to sharpen thier tactical rifle skiils. You do not need to be an expert to enroll in this class, you only need to have a basic understanding of how your rifle and pistol work and most important disciplined firearms safety.
Class will cover multiple aspects of rifle marksmanship in tactical environments. Class participants will learn to utilize their rifle from 0-100 yards. Class will primarily be focused around the AR-15 platform equipped with iron sights and red dots, but other rifle platforms are welcome.
Participants will learn conventional and unconventional shooting skills surrounding pistol and rifle shooting. Pistol and rifle skills will be taught individually as well as using both in a primary and secondary capacity. Most of our training courses consist of some type of medical component, whether basic or advanced, but class dynamic will dictate.
Topics covered include but are not limited to:
• Safety brief, medical concerns, and rang safety considerations.
• Firearm safety and weapons handling on the range and in the real world.
• Fundamentals of marksmanship.
• Pistol / Rifle diagnostics.
• Defensive shooting skills.
• Alternative shooting positions.
• Weapons manipulation and handling.
• Malfunction clearance procedures.
• Accuracy and speed drills.
• Movement while shooting.
• Use of cover and concealment.
• Engaging multiple threats.
• Safe and proper use of equipment.
• Survival/defensive mindset.
• Equipment selection and considerations.
Advanced, Basic, Intermediate, Active Shooter Response Training, In Home Defense Training, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses
Required Gear List-
• A mid to full sized semi-automatic pistol chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig, or .45ACP
• Belt with holster and magazine pouches
• Pistol Magazines -Three or more
• Functional semi-auto rifle chambered in, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 7.62X39, 5.45X39, .300 BO etc.
• 4-6 + rifle mags
• Mag carrier
• 200 rounds of pistol ammunition and 400 rounds of rifle ammunition
• Eye and ear protection ( Clear eye protection for low light shooting classes)
• Note taking materials
• Weather appropriate clothing (extra clothing suggested)
• Rain Gear
• Food, drink, and medications
• Suggested weapons support equipment (Lube, cleaning kit, tools, spare parts, spare optics batteries
• Individual First Aid Kits and Tourniquets (suggested)
A NOTE ABOUT HOLSTERS:
-In most of our classes only outside the waistband holsters are permitted. No Black Hawk SERPA or SERPA style holsters are permitted. No floppy nylon or worn out leather holsters are permitted. Holsters with some type of retention value / device is STRONGLY recommended. Shooters will be moving in and out of unconventional shooting positions and safety is paramount. We normally recommend some type of open top Kydex or molded plastic holster with positive retention or a law enforcement duty style holster. Law Enforcement Officers are permitted to use a Black Hawk SERPA duty holsters if that is what they carry on duty. This only applies to duty style holsters.