There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (we are purposely driven to make your class as personalized for you as possible, therefore we onnly do small classes - generally 1-4 people at maximum with very rare exceptions given to already proficient groups of people).
Your personal course date is always scheduled on demand, as with all of our classes, in order to provide you with maximum flexibility. Contact us to schedule your course today! A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required at the time of scheduling your class. These classes may be rescheduled one time. I will do my best to accommodate you and your schedule.
This is not an NRA course, this is designed to be a foundational course which I have found benefits you in a PROPER introduction to self defense with a rifle, giving you the foundation to build from in order to go forward and take additional instruction from us with more advanced class time (see one-on-one below, and/or as we develop more advanced classes in time) or our training group/network (referral/s to other instructors I know and trust to give you the best training and value). This class is what has been deduced from experience and addresses the vast majority of questions and the public seeking information for using a rifle in self defense and puts you far ahead of the curve compared to all of the other 4 and 8 hour courses around the state of Colorado. Defensive Rifle is taught by an experienced instructor who will teach you:
- What are the qualities of a good combat rifle;
- Recommended loadout for using a rifle defensively;
- Rifle ammunition selection for defensive depending upon your intended use and your environment of use;
- Rifle trajectory information;
- Zeroing your rifle;
- Guidance in selecting the proper caliber, ammunition, carry method, and storage/deployment options;
- I stress the importance of continuing education through books, instruction through other instructors, practical shooting events whether for competition or for recreation.
- Weapon presentation and shooting from a low ready position, high ready position, field ready position, and weapon slung position, all while maintaining strict safety and basic and advanced shooting skills.
- Weapon malfunctions and reloads, "running the gun".
- Written exam and practical shooting exam.
Expectations and Outcomes
1. The student will have accomplished the course content.
2. The student will have a very good concept and realistic assessment of what is needed to be improved going into future training.
3. The student will have the ability to intelligently discuss the topic of using a rifle for defensive use with friends and family.
4. The student will be able to recognize the safety and skill level of fellow shooters.
5. The student will be able to have a good start to be able to successfully attend shooting competitions commensurate with performance and continued follow-up training on the range.
6. The student will obtain a course completion certificate with course content listed on it.
Basic, Intermediate, Active Shooter Response Training, In Home Defense Training, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, Rifle, Scenario Based Training
Student should provide proof of completion of NRA Basic Rifle and/or a very similar course.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- Come prepared with a lunch if possible, appropriate clothing to be outside for the Range Session, and (non-alcoholic) drinks at your discretion. If we are shooting at an indoor range I will arrange this and advise students accordingly.
- Our policy on loaded firearms in the classroom, is that if it shows up in a holster, it must stay in your holster. For Classroom Days: If you want to use a firearm in the classroom portion of the class, an instructor will check to ensure it is unloaded, if you forgot to unload, an instructor will unload it for you to ensure no negligent discharge/s occur. For Range Days: We will be starting the range day unloaded and will only be handling weapons under direction of instructor/s.
- Bring note-taking materials (pad, pen, pencil).
- Please bring a 3-ring binder, as I have a lot of handouts that are already 3-hole punched for your convenience and augments my instruction to you.
- Please bring a method of payment (check, cash, or credit card on-site - if paying by credit 2.75% will be added) unless you prepay - which is preferred, which if you do, please send a check to Rocky Mountain Law Enforcement FCU, 700 West 39th Ave Denver, CO 80216 payable to Jason MacGregor or MacGregor Specialties, LLC. A receipt will be given no later than start of class, once payment is confirmed.
- Come with an open mind and plenty of questions! Restrooms or at least places to relieve yourself inconspicuously, safety procedures, and all reasonable accommodations for environmental considerations, bathroom facilities can be expected to be handled.
- For NRA Rifle: Ammunition will be provided. For my (non-NRA) Rifle Classes: Please bring your rifle/s (if you already have one) and at least a minimum of 400 rounds of factory loaded ammunition for Defensive Rifle - do not bring reloaded nor Wolf ammo unless you are shooting it in your own firearm).