For students that want to take both defensive pistol and defensive rifle for a discounted rate.
- You will need a reliable Handgun
- Holster designed for your hand gun
- 500 rounds of ammo (minimum)
- A non-collapsible holster
- Enough magazines to hold 50 rounds
- Hearing and eye protection
- A fighting Rifle
- Safety gear (eye and ear pro)
- Way to hold extra mags. (I.e. mag pouches, battle belt, duty belt, chest rig, etc.
- Minimum 300 rounds of rifle ammo
- Rifle mags minimum (more is always better)
- A fighting pistol
- A good quality holster
- Minimum of 50 rounds of pistol ammo
- 2 pistol mags (more is always better)
Defensive Pistol (4 hours)
- Building a shooting platform
- Grip, Stance, Sight alignment, Sight picture, and Trigger press
- Basic use of force
- Gear discussion
- Drawing from a holster. Open or concealed
- Types of reloads
- Remedial action for firearm failures
- 10 or more drills that are designed to build skill
- 2019 FBI Shooting Qualification and Mayday Bulls-eye test
- Height over bore
- Target acquisition/safety manipulation drills
- Skill Drills
- Work on switching shoulders.
- Moving while shooting
- Use of cover
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.