This is a one day class which satisfies all training requirements as outlined in Michigan Public Act 719 for first time CPL applicants or renewal of an existing concealed pistol license. This class is based on the USCCA concealed carry course and includes a minimum of 3 hours range time. A certificate is awarded upon completion of the class.
The following topics are covered in the class:
- Safe storage and handling of a pistol with emphasis on child safety.
- Ammunition knowledge and fundamentals of pistol shooting.
- Pistol shooting positions.
- Firearms and the law including civil liabilities and the use of deadly force.
- Avoiding criminal attack and controlling a violent confrontation.
- All laws that apply to carrying a concealed pistol in Michigan.
- Other topics such as the history of CCW, reciprocity and methods of carry
Expectations and Outcomes
USCCA certificate is awarded upon completion of the class. This is what you need to apply for your Michigan Concealed Pistol License.