There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Nielsen Training & Consulting is proud to announce the launch
of the “Real World Pistol Academy.” This three-day pistol Academy was developed using decades of
law enforcement, military and civilian experience and training. Based on our “Real World”
experiences in our daily “off duty” carrying of a pistol for defense, and in our professional “on duty”
lives, we have developed this academy to assist you in your preparation to use a pistol in a defensive life threatening deadly encounter. Graduates will fulfill the prerequisite completion for all future Nielsen Training & Consulting pistol classes
DAY-1: Fundamentals! Our initial focus will be on core fundamental
skills building with the use of a pistol for defensive purposes. Our professional staff will help you to
become comfortable with the core fundamental skills of sight alignment, grip, stance, trigger press
and the use of a holster. We will introduce you to modern handgun defensive fighting techniques,
proper target acquisition and shot placement to effectively win an armed encounter.
DAY-2: “Set it up again!” Fast paced and physically demanding. Now that your core skills are
developed. You will be taught to draw faster, shoot more accurately, and fix common pistol
malfunctions in a safe an efficient manner. You will be doing many repetitions to build the necessary
motor skills and muscle memory necessary to achieve those goals.
Day-3: Bringing it all together. This portion of the academy is designed to teach the proper use of a
handgun specifically for “defensive” purposes during life threatening situations that occur in the “Real
World.” You will master body positioning and draw stroke so you will quickly be able to get on target
and use your pistol as a defensive weapon. You will understand using cover and concealment and
effective shooting positions, including standing, kneeling, seated and prone. We will discuss proper
gear selection and a survivor’s mindset in-depth. Knowing how YOU will react using YOUR gear is a
direct response of your level of training.
The “Real World Pistol Academy” concludes with a shooting qualification test that must be
successfully passed in order to receive your “Drawing from the holster” certificate from Ready
Gunner” AND certification from Nielsen Training & Consulting. Graduation from the Real World Pistol
Academy will qualify the graduate for all Nielsen Training & Consulting pistol pre-requisites.
See above description
Expectations and Outcomes
There is a quailfication to pass to this course.
Basic, Intermediate, CCW, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, Scenario Based Training
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
1. A properly functioning handgun (Pistol or Revolver)
2. A proper fitting holster for that handgun
3. At least 3 magazines for that handgun (5 recommended if using single stacked mags/ or at least 5 speed loaders for a revolver)
4. 1200 rounds of ammunition for that handgun minimum
5. Magazine Pouches for the magazines or speedloaders
6. A properly functioning tourniquet of your choice that you would use in the field
7. Body armor if you would wear it while deploying a handgun
8. Sharpie type pen for marking targets
9. Pen and notepad for taking notes
10. Hat or other head covering
11. Gloves (highly recommended but not mandatory)
12. Knee and elbow pads
13. Eye and ear protection
14. Footwear that you can stand in all day (boots are highly recommended)
15. Sunscreen or raingear (as applicable) (The course will go rain or shine)
16. Enough water supply to sustain you for each day
17. A lunch or snack food (We will not have time to leave the range for lunch)