There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Our Defensive Handgun 1 course is designed for anyone from the first-time shooter to the weekend shooter or even the seasoned operator who wants some core fundamental skills building with the use of a pistol for tactical or defensive purposes.
During this firearms training course, which is held in north-central Utah, our professional staff will help you become comfortable with the core fundamental skills of sight alignment, grip, stance trigger squeeze, the use of a holster, and fixing malfunctions. We will introduce you to modern handgun fighting techniques, proper target acquisition, and shot placement to effectively win an armed encounter. You will take home effective drills and techniques that you can use in your own training regime.
If you are a new handgun owner or recreational shooter looking to get into the tactical training world, this is a great course to start with without a large monetary commitment. It is also a good way for an experienced operator to build and hone their skills.
We look forward to seeing you in this fun and informative course.
Basic Handgun Skills
Proper Sight Alignment
Proper Drawing from a Holster
Loading and Unloading Techniques
Expectations and Outcomes
You will leave with a basic understanding or firearms safety, handgun manipulations to include, proper drawing from a holster, proper equipment setup and selection for your needs, proper grip, proper stance, and sight alignment. Know and understand proper loading and unloading procedures. Begining understanding of the combative mindset and tactical awareness. Learning basic malfunction clearing exercises. This call will complete the prerequisites for our other more advaced courses.
Basic, Scenario Based Training
Proof of legal US Citizenship
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
Must be legally allowed to be in possession of a firearm in accordance to State, Federal and local laws.
- A properly functioning handgun
- A proper fitting holster for that handgun
- At least 3 magazines for that handgun (5 recommended if using single stacked mags)
- 300-500 rounds of ammunition for that handgun
- Magazine Pouches for the magazines
- Body armor if you would wear it while deploying a pistol
- Sharpie type pen for marking targets
- Pen and notepad for taking notes
- Hat or other head covering
- Gloves (recommended but not mandatory)
- Knee and elbow pads (recommended but not mandatory)
- Eye and ear protection
- Footwear that you can stand in all day (boots are highly recommended)
- Sunscreen or raingear (as applicable) (The course will go rain or shine)
- Enough water supply to sustain you for the day
- A lunch or snack food (We will not have time to leave the range for lunch)