Basic & Advanced Firearm Skills with Holster Draw
Intermediate - This dry-fire and live-fire course is designed to train you to draw from the holster and help you gain competence and consistency in your shooting.
Duration: 1 hour classroom, 3 hours range
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Once you’ve developed competence and consistency with the basics of shooting, the next major challenge is to advance your accuracy and speed, two facets of shooting which will need to constantly be in balance. Many of the exercises in this class will work towards speed while others towards accuracy, and some will work towards a balance of both. This class is designed to increase your speed and accuracy, which will result in a higher level of enjoyment and satisfaction from your training sessions spent at the range.
This class meets the training requirements for the USCCA Protector Academy Qualification.
This class will cover a number of basic and advanced skills to take your defensive shooting skill level beyond the foundational building blocks presented in the “Defensive Shooting Fundamentals” course. Particular emphasis will be placed on attaining a balance between speed and accuracy as well as shooting from the holster.
Expectations and Outcomes
Each student who successfully completes this course will receive a Certificate of Completion from the USCCA and Northpointe Training, LLC.
Intermediate, Private Classes (Group / Individual), USCCA Courses
Please bring a current, unexpired Ohio Driver License or CCW/CHL to class.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- Modern defensive pistol
- Optional: Holster (OWB, IWB, Appendix) - no shoulder, cross draw, Serpa, or middle-of-back styles
- At least three (3) magazines
- Mag pouch
- Sturdy gun belt - Please understand this is NOT a Sunday-go-to-meeting belt. This is a rugged belt designed to support the weight of a firearm, a holster, and other carry accessories
- Ammo: 200 rounds, minimum. The more ammo you bring, the more you can shoot!! 😎
- ELECTRONIC hearing protection - Students must be able to clearly hear and understand instructors/instructions during this training
- Eye protection
- Appropriate range clothing - No low-cut shirts or open-toed shoes, etc.
- Billed hat or ball cap
- Note taking materials
- Snacks, and hydration
- A Positive Attitude!!