DEFENSIVE PISTOL - WAPPINGERS FALLS, NY
Basic - DEFENSIVE PISTOL - Wappingers Falls, NY - Dutchess County Pistol Assoc.
Duration: 9:00am to 4:00pm
|Register Now||June 2 Friday||
Wappingers Falls, NY
|4 - 16 Students||9:00am to 4:00pm||TBD|
This course is designed to introduce the intermediate shooter to the art of defensive and tactical pistol shooting. This is also a great opportunity for advanced shooters reaffirm the foundational basics and learn new drills!
- – Range orientation
- – Firearms safety
- – Warm-up drills
- – Ready positions
- – Close quarters engagements
- – Drawing and re-holstering techniques
- – Reloading techniques and malfunction clearance drills
- – Search & scan / situational awareness
- – Single hand techniques (right and left and transitions)
- – Moving and shooting / shooting and moving
- – Failure drills
- – Presentation & draw techniques
- – Turning and shooting
- – Cover versus concealment
- – Seated position shooting
- – Close range speed shooting
Advanced, Basic, Intermediate, CCW
- -Quality functional semi-automatic pistol
- -5 magazines minimum
- -Minimum of 500 rounds of brass cased ammunition (no steel cased ammunition)
- -Belt mounted, dominant side or appendix style concealment holster / kydex holster —PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters. Students are encouraged to run this class in their everyday concealed carry set up if they wish. NO BLACKHAWK SERPA, DeSantis, Alien Gear, OR UNCLE MIKE’S HOLSTERS!!!
- We recommend Blackpoint Tactical*, Black Center Tactical, CandG Holsters, Dark Star Gear, or Raven Concealment.
- -Magazine or loading device pouches / magazine carrier, etc.
- -Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- -Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning with good ankle support.
- -Knee pads recommended but not mandatory.
- -Clothing suitable for training in any weather – long pants – long sleeve shirt, hoodie or jacket for cold weather.
- -Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- -Earmuffs and earplugs
- -Note pad and pen for taking notes.
- -Bag lunch and snacks / beverages for the entire day.
- -Humble willing to learn attitude.