There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. This course is at least 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development.
- Safe gun handling
- Pistol parts and operation
- Shooting fundamentals
- Range rules
- Shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions
- Cleaning the pistol
- Continued opportunities for skill development
Expectations and Outcomes
- Students will receive:
- NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- Take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination
- Course completion certificate upon successful completion of the lessons and demonstration of firing a qualifying shot group.
- Students will learn the basic knowledge, demonstrate the basic skills and reflect the proper attitude for safely owning and operating a pistol safely.
U.S./State Government issued ID required to verifiy ID/Age.
- Bring your own pistol/revolver. Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver (carry case) No holster required (If you do not have one, pistols/revolvers will be available on site)
- Carrying Case for your Pistol/Revolver
- Magazine(s) (serviceable) for your pistol
- Speedloader/Loading strip for your revolver
- Hearing Protection (electronic hearing protection highly recommended), Eye Protection
- Suitable range clothing for the weather
- 200 rounds factory ammunition (NO RELOADS) (Ammunition will be available for purchase at Ed’s Gun Shop)