There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting. This course is at least 8 hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning, and continued opportunities for skill development.
- NRA’s rules for safe gun handling
- Rifle parts and operation
- Shooting fundamentals
- Range rules
- Shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions
- Continued opportunities for skill development.
Expectations and Outcomes
- Students will receive:
- NRA Guide to the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- Take a Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination
- Receive feedback on the live-fire exercises
- Course completion certificate upon successful completion of the lessons and demonstration of firing a qualifying shot group.
- Students will learn the the basic knowledge of Rifle Shooting, Demonstrate the basic skills of Rifle Shooting, and refelct the attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- Bring your own rifle. Recommend .22 caliber (223/5.55mm rifles permitted), iron sites/scopes permitted (If you do not have one, rifles will be available on site)
- Ear Protection, Eye Protection
- 150 rounds factory ammunition (NO RELOADS) (Ammunition will be available for purchase at Ed’s Gun Shop)