There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for the safe and proper use of a shotgun in shooting a moving target. This course is at least ten-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning how to shoot shotguns at moving targets. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; shotgun parts and operation; shotgun shell components; shotgun shell malfunctions; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting at straight away and angled targets; cleaning; and continued opportunities for skill development.
- NRA’s rules for safe gun handling
- Sshotgun parts and operation
- Shotgun shell components
- Shotgun shell malfunctions
- Shooting fundamentals
- Range rules
- Shooting at straight away and angled targets
- Continued opportunities for skill development.
Expectations and Outcomes
- Students will receive:
- NRA Guide to the Basics of Shotgun Shooting handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- Take a Basics of Shotgun Shooting Student Examination
- Receive feedback on the live-fire exercises
- Course completion certificate upon successful completion of the lessons.
- Students will learn the basic knowledge of Shotgun Shooting, Demonstrate the skills of basic Shotgun Shooting, and relect the proper attitude for the safe and proper use of a shotgun in shooting a moving target.