There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Teaches the knowledge, skills, and attitude to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence.
The NRA Defensive Pistol Course will focus on the techniques needed to develop a defensive mindset. The goal of the course will be to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence. As a result of participating in this course, the student will be able to explain and demonstrate the following: How to apply the NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling when carrying a concealed firearm, basic principles of concealment, the difference between cover and concealment, drawing from the holster, levels of mental awareness, developing the proper mindset when using a pistol for personal protection, clearing common stoppages, and more.
The course is designed as a logical follow-up to either the NRA First Steps Pistol course or the NRA Basic Pistol course. A sampling of subjects that will be discussed and practiced are: Principles of concealment, presenting a firearm from concealment, Confrontation avoidance, Flash sight picture, reloading under stress, immediate action drills, and range training.
Advanced, CCW, In Home Defense Training, NRA Courses, Scenario Based Training
- NRA Basic Pistol, NRA FIRST Steps Pistol course or other certified pistol training
- Participant must be 21 years of age or older
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- Ear Protection, Eye Protection
- Holster – strong side holster - (no cross draws, or shoulder rigs). NO SERPA Holsters
- No pocket guns or holsters. You will be presenting the gun from concealment and re-holstering approx. 100 to 150 times. You need to be proficient at this task and have a holster that does not collapse when the gun is removed.
- Concealment garment, light jacket, shirt or vest.
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver
- Two extra functional magazines (semi-autos) or speed-loaders (revolvers)
- Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended).
- Dual Magazine carrier optional but HIGHLY recommended.
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Optional Items are a hat, sunscreen, bug repellant, and rain gear. We will be on the range uncovered and exposed to the elements for the entire day – be prepared. Class is on RAIN or SHINE.
Ammunition: 350 rds of factory ammunition (38 spl., 9mm, 40 S&W or 45ACP) (NO RELOADS) (Ammunition will be available for purchase at Ed’s Gun Shop)