There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This 10-16-hour course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching NRA’s Basic Pistol Shooting course.
Course is presented in two parts: basic instructor training (if required), and discipline specific instructor training. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course and complete an instructor certification examination. Students will receive the NRA Trainer’s Guide, NRA Pistol Shooting Instructor Candidate Packet and NRA Basic Pistol Shooting course student packet.
Advanced, Instructor Coach Training Courses, Instructor Training Courses, NRA Courses
Prerequisite: Possession of basic firearm safety and shooting skills is a perquisite for certification as an NRA instructor. Prior to the instructor training, candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and demonstrate their firearm background in pre-course qualification exercises.
- Must have taken and passed the student level NRA Basic Pistol Instructor lead course. (Sorry, the online NRA Basic Pistol Course does not qualify.)
- Candidates must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience. Instructor candidates must be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to be certified.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate solid and safe firearms handling skills required to be successful during an instructor training course by completing pre-course questionnaires and qualification exercises administered by the NRA Appointed Training Counselor.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete an NRA Instructor Training Course in the discipline they wish to teach (e.g., NRA Basic Pistol Course), and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting that training.
- Pass the Pistol Prequalification shooting qualification which we will do during class.
- Current Instructors must have had BIT within the last 2 years otherwise BIT is required again. (Bring BIT Certificate to class, will be verified)
- Semiautomatic handgun and/or revolver (carry case) No holster required.
- Eye & Ear protection
- Note pad & pen
- 3 Ring Binder
- Pre-Course Questionnaire
- A Positive Attitude
Ammunition: 300 rds. of factory ammunition (NO RELOADS)