SC CWP & The Concealed Lifestyle
Intermediate - The most comprehensive CWP class available that actually prepares you for the lifestyle.
Duration: 8 hours
|Register Now||July 9 Sunday||
|1 - 10 Students||8:00am - 5:30pm||Joe Shahoud|
A unique CWP class unlike any other offered in the Greatr Columbia area. This class not only teaches the SLED required course and qualification exam, it prepares and guides the student for the concealed carry lifestyle. Upon completion, students are given a comprehensive resource packet to take home that summarizes the content of the class as well as a list of invaluable resources to aid in the concealed carry lifestyle. Students are expected to have at least a fundamental level of proficiency in shooting and operating a pistol in order to pass the shooting portion of the SLED qualification. This is not a shooting class. Personal training is available for those that want to increase their proficiency prior to taking the CWP course. Pistols, eye, and ear protection are available to rent. Ammo is not included but is available for purchase.
Gun safety, shooting fundamental overview, range safety, situational awareness, conflict avoidance, and the concealed carry lifestyle are all covered in this course.
Expectations and Outcomes
Passing students will leave this class with a completed SLED CWP application and a certificate of completion. Students will be provided instructions for where to submit the SLED CWP application to ensure the fastest possible receipt of their permit. Students also leave the class with a comprehensive resource packet that includes all of the information covered in class. This is not a shooting class. Students are expected to be able to proficiently operate their firearms independantly.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
The things you will need for the class are:
- Pens/pencils and paper for taking notes. Electronic devices are allowed for note taking.
- At least 25 rounds of ammunition, which is available in the class if it’s more convenient for you.
- Eye and Ear protection, and a baseball cap. Electronic ear protection is encouraged and available for purchase at an extremely competitve price of $39.99.
- A pistol you can operate (pistols, holsters, eye, and ear protection are available to rent for a minimal fee)
- An on the waist holster made for the pistol you will be qualifying with, preferably the style you intend to carry (OWD, IWB, IWB Appendix, etc.).
- A suitable belt for your holster.
- Having extra magazines is always a plus, bring all that you have.
- We will break for a 30 minute lunch. Please bring a bagged lunch. There will not be time to go out.
- Any snacks you might want throughout the class.
- Bottled water will be provided.
- No open toed shoes are permitted.