Women’s Concealed Carry Holster Class
Basic - An introduction to the various concealed carry methods (On & Off Body Methods) for women and learning the PRO’s and CON’s of each.
Duration: 3.5 hours classroom and 2.5 hours range time.
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
An introduction to the various concealed carry methods for women and learning the PRO’s and CON’s of each. We will have an assortment of holsters for you to try. Students are encouraged to bring their various carrying equipment if they have (IWB, OWB holsters, ankle holsters, cross body holster, belly band, carry purse, flashbang bra, leggings, ETC… bring it and we will REVIEW and DISCUSS each).
Instructors Teaching the Class:
Shannon Pable: Shannon’s Garden & Gun Gallery, LLC
Certified Rangemaster Master Instructor, USCCA Certified Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle Instructor, DTI Off Body Conceal Carry Certified Instructor, Armed Women of America Leader/Instructor, NRA RTBAV Instructor, MSP Certified Red Dot Instructor, Certified OC Spray Instructor, IBDD Instructor, NRA RSO, IDPA SO
Stacy Dawson: Dawson Self Defense, LLC
USCCA Certified Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, DTI Off Body Conceal Carry Certified Instructor, Armed Women of America Leader/Instructor, NRA RTBAV Instructor, Certified OC Spray Instructor, IBDD Instructor, NRA Chief RSO
Certified Rangemaster Master Instructor, Certified OC Spray Instructor, NRA RSO, IDPA SO, and IDPA and Ladies Defensive Pistol Match Director at Johnscreek Indoor Gun Range.
- Learn the most optimal ways to carry.
- Learn what to look for in a good holster (and a carry pistol).
- Learn the “lingo” so you’ll understand what/how to order a holster.
- Learn to safely draw from various holsters (a one-on-one Instructor/Student ratio for this portion).
- Discuss Cooper’s 4 Universal Safety Rules and familiarize you with The Law of Self Defense.
- This is NOT a ‘How to shoot’ class but beginners are welcome!
Novice to Advanced welcome!
Expectations and Outcomes
Women will gain confidence in how to select a holster for conceal carry that best fits their needs and know what's involved in safely drawing/reholstering their firearm.
Each Student will receive a certificate of completion.
Basic, Intermediate, Women's Only Courses
There will be several waivers to complete in class.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
What To Bring:
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (electronic is best)
- Ball cap with brim to keep brass casings off of your face
- High neckline shirt (no tank tops)
- Clothing appropriate for the weather
- Pants or long shorts
- Sturdy comfortable closed toe shoes
- Notebook and pen
- Lunch, drinks, snacks
- Range bag
- Teachable Attitude
Optional but encouraged:
- Carry gun and quality ammo to go with it (In case/bag)
- Holsters, belts, etc.