Women's Introduction to Firearms
Basic - An introduction to those new to firearms and those needing a refresher class.
Duration: Total of 4 hours: 2.5 hours classroom and 1.5 hours range time.
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This is a basic handgun class designed for women and taught by women. This class is not designed to turn you into a master shooter or a gun smith overnight … it will give you a very basic introduction and overview of the fundamentals on how to shoot, as well as a basic understanding on how a semi-auto handgun operates, how to do it safely, and more. Safety is number one and will be continually enforced throughout the class. Approximately 25 rounds of ammunition will be needed.
- 4 universal safety rules
- parts of a semi auto pistol and how it functions
- parts of a cartridge (ammunition)
- types of ammunition
- various firearms/ammunition nomenclature
- the legal system and use of lethal force
- alternative use of non-lethal defense
- brief discussion on holsters
- pistol storage
- how to shoot; eye dominance, stance, grip, sights, breathing, etc
- dry fire shooting
- live fire shooting
Expectations and Outcomes
- Student will receive a certificate
- The student will have the basic understanding of how to handle a semi auto pistol as safely as possible
- The student will have the basic fundementals of how to shoot a semi auto pistol
Basic, USCCA Courses, Women's Only Courses
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Firearm; if you need to barrow, we can provide
- Bag or case for firearm and gear; if borrowing a firearm, we will provide the ammo.
- One box of ammo; if not borrowing a firearm.
- Ball cap/hat with brim to keep hot brass off of you.
- High neckline shirt.
- Long pants.
- Closed toe comfortable shoes (we will be outside standing in gravel for the shooting portion).
- Notebook and pen.
- Water bottle, snacks (whatever comfort needs).
- Clothes appropriate for outside weather.
- Teachable attitude!