This 9-hour course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching the NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home course.
Description: Course is presented in two parts: basic instructor training and discipline specific instructor training. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course, and complete an instructor certification examination. Students will receive the NRA Trainer’s Guide, NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Instructor Candidate Packet and NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home course student packet.
Basic, Intermediate, In Home Defense Training, Instructor Coach Training Courses, Instructor Training Courses, NRA Courses, Scenario Based Training
Prerequisites: Must be an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor. Prior to the course, candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and demonstrate their firearm background in pre-course assessment exercises.
Also, your BIT (Basic Instructor Training) Course must be up to date or taken within the last two years.
You must also register via the NRA website for this specified course (search for zip code 74041) http://www.nrainstructors.org/Search.aspx
- Semi-Auto Firearm (Full size)
- Ammo: 100-200 rounds
- Closed toed shoes..boots or shoes that you don’t care if they get muddy are recommended
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Speed loader
- Proper Attire (rain gear, able to move freely, etc)
- Lawn chair & Sunscreen are optional
- House plans/blueprints, sketch of your home layout
- Lunch/Dinner (or $ to go to the diner)
- Snacks & drinks
- pen and pencil
- Jacket (sometimes it gets chilly in the classroom)
- 3-ring, 3” binder
- $35 range fee